Sunday 10 June 2012

Updates on life.

Hola, 

This is a silly little post really. I just felt like blogging 'cause I haven't in a while and I miss it I do (said in a west country accent). So I thought that perhaps I would do a little 'update on my life' post, to let y'all know what's been going on! (Southern American accent, if you like.)

I've just moved back home after completing my second year at University, and oh my, has it gone fast! I cannot believe that in 3 and a half months time I will be embarking upon my final year at University. It seems only yesterday that I was anxiously unpacking my things, wondering what the next three years would bring me.... I really want to write 'and here we are three years later!'...but I'm not quite there yet, thank GOODNESS! Seriously, people aren't lying when they say your Uni years are the best years of your life! I guess I've only had 20 years and hopefully have many more to come.... but SO FAR, I'd rate the last two years very highly! 

Whilst I was sad to leave uni, I was also very ready to come back home! There's nothing quite like being in the bosom of your family, with your home comforts around you... a shower that actually gets hot, a sofa that you can sit on for more than half an hour. Coming home makes me really appreciate these little things that I had become so used to coping without at university! Really, it's amazing how much happiness I can get out of a pair of curtains that actually keep the light out of my bedroom in the morning! 

I haven't done much since I've been home. I attempted to unpack some of the things which were so crudely shoved into suitcases and boxes before my departure, however after half an hour it all became too much for me and I decided to stop. I will try again tomorrow...

Also, I did my nails innit. (I hope you appreciate the various accents that I cover in this post... it probably seems like some poor attempt to try and reach a wide demographic.... but it's not. I do accents quite a lot in real life. Australian is my favourite, but I'm not sure how to write that except to include 'mate' every now and then? I know it sounds like a stereotype, but I have family there and trust me, they say it a lot! Also, just quickly, 'pavlova' in Australian is really fun to say... 'pev-low-va'. Seriously say it out loud to yourself and you'll probably smile!)

I digress. Back to my nails, though there's not much to say about them to be honest. Here's a picture of what they look like. It was a very last minute decision to include this picture, so I apologise that the lighting is poor and the colours aren't that clear! 




I bought two little nail pen thingys recently and have been desperate to try them out, so I went on Pinterest and typed in nail art/ nail pen, to get some inspiration. 








Hats off to the people who created these designs. It really is not as easy as you think it would be! I'm sure this is partly to do with the fact that I'm not ambidextrous, but still. The quality that my right hand produced was distinctly below average! Next time, I think i'll ask some kind soul to do it for me!  

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this rambley post! There is more to talk about, but maybe I'll save it for some other posts! I have lots and lots of free time now (for the next two weeks anyway) so there is NO EXCUSE for not posting more regularly! 

I do hope you have you have a glorious day dahlings, and let me know what exciting shenanigans you have been up to recently won't you! (In a plummy English, 'Made in Chelsea' accent...for Mills :) ) 

Zahra x

No comments:

Post a Comment